We recommend a carbon monoxide detector if your heating and cooling system uses gas. The photos below show a Cracked Heat Exchanger. This Downtown Prescott area homeowner was alerted that carbon monoxide was entering their home. The Williams Wall Heater shown is about 15-20 years old and the heat exchanger has failed.
The customer experienced headache, nausea and dizziness related to the carbon monoxide.
At Mountain Air LLC, we strongly suggest that a Carbon Monoxide Detector be placed in the children’s bedrooms and in the main living room. They should be checked/replaced every 5 years. We believe this is important and inexpensive insurance. Not only for a safety benefit but for health reasons as well.